Morning my beautiful bloggers!!
If you follow my blog you know that I have been on this diet and so far is working out so well (I can’t wait to share those results with you), that imagine that I have been getting small stretchmarks due to the rapid weight-loss.
So this morning I knew I had to find stuff to help me with this.
Stretch-Marks are normal. They are just visible lines on the skin surface, with an off-color hue. Stretch marks are mainly found in the abdominal wall, but can also occur over the thighs, upper arms, buttocks and breasts.
So I gathered natural ways to take care of this kind of annoying new thing I’m getting.
You know what I actually feel proud I am getting them, because it means I am doing things right, so I just have to take care of the side effects. 🙂
1. Potato Juice
Potato juice contains vitamins and minerals that foster growth and restoration of skin cells.
- Cut a medium-sized potato into thick slices.
- Take one of the potato pieces and rub it gently on the stretch marks for a few minutes. Make sure the liquid from the potato covers the affected area.
- Allow the potato juice to dry for some time and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Natural white sugar is one of the best natural remedies to get rid of stretch marks. You can use the sugar to exfoliate your skin.
- Mix a tablespoon of raw sugar with some almond oil and a few drops of lemon juice. Mix it well and apply it on the stretch marks and other skin areas.
- Gently rub the mixture on the skin for at least 10 minutes every day before taking a shower.
- Do this for a month or so and watch your stretch marks become lighter.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is effective in the treatment of many skin problems. It has various essential nutrients and active compounds that can be used in the treatment of minor burns, while its healing and soothing properties can be used to get rid of stretch marks. There are a couple of ways to apply it.
- You can directly rub aloe vera gel on the affected skin area, leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse the skin with lukewarm water.
- Another option is to make a mixture with one-fourth cup of aloe vera gel, oil from 10 vitamin E capsules and oil from five vitamin A capsules. Rub this mixture onto the skin until fully absorbed. Repeat this process daily.
Keeping your body well hydrated helps protect the skin from many kinds of problems. Well-hydrated skin results in regular detoxification of skin pores and restores elasticity, which will help a lot in getting rid of stretch marks. Try to drink one to two glasses of water several times during a day. Experts say a minimum of 10 glasses of water per day is the best way to keep the body hydrated. It will also make your skin soft and help maintain its elasticity. It is advisable to avoid coffee, tea or soda as they can cause dehydration.
So Keep them coming! 🙂
5. Lemon Juice
- Rub fresh lemon juice gently onto the stretch marks using circular motions. Allow the lemon juice to soak into your skin for at least 10 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Another option is to mix equal quantities of cucumber juice and lemon juice and apply the mixture on the stretch marks.
6. Olive Oil
Olive oil contains a lot of nutrients and antioxidants that help improve various skin problems including stretch marks.
- Massage slightly warm pure olive oil into the affected skin area. This will improve the blood circulation and reduce the stretch marks to a great extent.
- Leave it for half an hour so that the vitamins A, D and E present in the oil are absorbed by the skin.
You can also mix olive oil with vinegar and water and use it as a night cream. This will keep your skin stay moisturized and also exfoliate the skin.
7. Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter is also very beneficial in treating stretch marks.
- You must apply cocoa butter over the affected area at least two times a day. After one to two months, the marks will be less visible.
- Another option is to make a mixture using half a cup of cocoa butter, one tablespoon of wheat germ oil, two teaspoons of grated beeswax and one teaspoon each of apricot kernel oil and vitamin E oil. Heat this mixture until the beeswax melts. You can store the mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator and apply it to your stretch marks two to three times a day. This mixture will make your skin more hydrated and smooth.
8. Castor Oil
Castor oil, which is used in the treatment of a number of skin problems such as wrinkles, age spots, moles, dark spots, fine lines and pimples, can also be used to quickly get rid of stretch marks.
- Apply some castor oil to the stretch marks and gently massage the area in circular motions for at least 15 minutes.
- Wrap the area with a thin, cotton cloth. Using a hot water bottle or a heating pad, apply some heat to the affected area for at least a half an hour.
- Repeat this process daily for a minimum of one month to notice positive results.
9. Egg Whites
Eggs are a rich source of protein. For stretch marks, you want to use only the egg whites, which contain amino acids and proteins.
- Whip the whites of two eggs gently with a fork. Clean the affected skin area with water and then apply a thick layer of egg whites with a makeup brush.
- Allow the egg whites to dry completely and then rinse the area with cold water.
- Finally apply some olive oil on the skin to keep it moisturized.
- Repeat the process daily for at least two weeks and watch for positive results.
Alfalfa leaves contain eight essential amino acids which are good for overall health of the skin. They are also rich in protein and vitamins E and K, which help in restoring and increasing body tone. The anti-fungal agent present in alfalfa leaves alkalizes and detoxifies the skin, which helps minimize scars including stretch marks.
- Mix some alfalfa power with a few drops of chamomile oil to form a smooth paste.
- Massage the paste into the affected area two to three times a day.
- Repeat this daily for one week and you will notice great improvement.
11. Vitamin E Oil
. Vitamin E oil is often said to be the miracle cure for stretch marks, though one study shows that it’s most effective on women who have already been pregnant before, and has not been effective in general use . Still, it can’t hurt in moderate doses.
- Try mixing your Vitamin E oil with a carrier lotion, such as a regular unscented moisturizer, for better coverage.
I really hope you can take advantage of this, and I will be doing them too!! 🙂