- 10 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tsp ground sea salt
- 2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 3 cups orange juice (not from concentrate)
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 – 5 springs of fresh thyme
- 1 tsp cracked chillies
- 1 green onion, chopped for garnish
- Heat grill to medium low heat. (Bone in chicken should be cooked very slow and low on a grill)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and put on the grill. Turning frequently. This will take at least 30 – 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a medium saucepan, bring the orange juice, Worcestershire & maple syrup to a boil. Then reduce to an active simmer. Drop in the fresh herbs, stems and all and the dried chilli flakes at this time to.
- Simmer the sauce until it reduces significantly in volume, becomes darker and thicker in consistency. Remove from heat and let come to room temperature.
- When the chicken is about 80 – 90% cooked (about 30 to 40 minutes), start basting with the sauce. Do not put it on too early or it will burn. Continue to baste and turn chicken actively until chicken is done and you have well coated, sticky drums.
- Garnish with chopped green onion.
Hope you guys enjoy this treat!! 🙂