1. Resist the temptation to lick dry lips, no matter how hard it might seem.
The evaporating saliva will dry them out even more. Ack!
2. Your lips need protection from the rays too!
Just like the rest of your face, get that pretty pout some sunscreen using a daily SPF lip balm.
3. Lip gloss getting goopy? Try applying it with a lip brush to get a lighter application.
Give your lips that glossy shine without looking like you might actually be drooling.
4. For the ultimate staying power for darker lipstick, apply concealer to the lip and line with a long-lasting pencil to prevent bleeding.
Just don’t forget to fill it in… that would look crazy (see above).
5. Don’t have a matte lipstick? You can fake your own by dabbing same-color eyeshadow onto your lipstick.
6. Running an ice cube over your freshly painted lips can help set the color.
7. Pair a strong lip color with minimal eye and face makeup for maximum impact.
8. Dab light shimmering powder to the center of your lip for a plumping ombré effect.
The light will reflect off your lips in a truly magical way!
9. Want lip color that lasts extra long? Layer with powder!
Apply one swipe of lipstick, one dab of loose powder, then apply lipstick again. Voilà!
See more cool stuff in BuzzFeed.com